Title: DC Demotion and Certificate Services
I take it your using an Enterprise CA and issuing via the Domain Controller Template?

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brian Cline
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2006 1:52 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] DC Demotion and Certificate Services

We will be demoting one of our domain controllers to a member server, which also happens to be running certificate services. Before demoting, however, I must of course remove certificate services. The only certificates it has issued are for domain controllers, as well as a web server certificate to the domain administrator.

If I understand correctly, to move this CA I can go through the CA backup process in MMC, install certificate services on the other DC and restore the backup to it. Is this correct? I have very little experience with certificate services in particular, so I want to make sure this is the correct way to go about this. Any guidance on moving it from one DC to another would be appreciated. Thanks.

--
Brian A. Cline
Internet Applications Developer