Quoting Perrin Harkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> While I agree with Stas that I've never felt the desire to point people
> to a FAQ instead of to a specific place in the docs, I do like your
> selection of questions.  Maybe there could be a place for this, as a
> sort of "first stop" for newbies.  I still think it would mostly point
> to things in the docs, rather than contain new information, but that's
> okay.

exactly!

the FAQ answers could perhaps just be the first 100 words or so followed by a
hyperlink to the docs answer "..." it doesn't have to be that extensive at all.
like:

---
..
..
5) Sometimes My Script Works, Sometimes It Does Not - why is that ?

in a situation where a script seems to work, but sometimes it screws up ... <a
href="http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/porting.html#Sometimes_it_Works__Som
etimes_it_Doesn_t">Click here elaborate answer</a></p>

./allan