From: ch...@wbmfg.com
To: af@af.afmug.com
Sent: Saturday, July 7, 2018 12:26:01 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Starry raises $100M for 802.11-based fixed wireless
rollout | FierceWireless

I just find it crazy that these VC houses don’t have a single cynical RF
engineer on tap to advise them on deals like this.
I used to do that job for a smaller VC banker in a previous life.

I shot down every single presentation I remember except one:
A company wanted to buy the rights to an abandoned pipeline (water, sewer
something, cannot remember) between Philadelphia and Manhattan (as I recall) a
company wanted to blow a fiber down it.

This was about 1998.
I told them to go full steam ahead on that project.

The banker rejected it.