The largest one in the photo is about 36” in diameter.
Probably an ESS type of  phone switch drive.  They were mounted on edge in a
super wide rack.

From: Bill Prince
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2018 11:30 AM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Having fun

That big platter on the left looks almost like the Burroughs (IIRC)
garage-style hard drive. The ones I remember had 4 platters like that for a
total of ~~ 5 MB (~~ 1.25 MB per platter). Each "garage" was about 1' wide, and
the units I saw bolted 4 or 5 garages together for 20 or 25 MB total.  The
drive was belt-driven with a big-ass motor in the bottom, and the belt was
segmented with ~~ 3" pieces of leather held together with brass rivets.

Ahh, the good old days when hardware was really built.

On 10/29/2018 7:55 AM, Chuck McCown wrote:

Sent from my iPhone