I was working Emergency Response Facility design in 79-80 after TMI. DEC wouldn't sell to the nuc industry so we were doing Prime's. Wrote my own networking code on top of their low level device drivers on huge coax -LMR400- connections. My code, frankly sucked, but getting a 500K throughput was so much faster than serial it didn't matter for the small data sets we were sending. We also did some of the first fiber data connections to get the data from the plant 1.5 klicks to the ERF. That was an interesting opportunity, specially when I,we almost caused the operators to start a shutdown. It wasn't really close, but they though about it before we figured out what was going on...