My mom has been suffering from a decline in vision in recent years and has
become more reliant on tools such as siri on her iphone
(siri - read me my messages) ; amazon alexa (which tunes into certain radio
programs for her) and google hope (this is in her hallway, not sure why).

we've been discussing an alexa option (since that is in the family room where
she sits) that might interface with some type of tv.  right now they have
charter and they don't have a talkable remote.  she has a rather large smart tv
and can see the picture on it but can't really see the remote to work things
"manually".

those of you tinkering with new tech, is there something that interfaces with
alexa that could then talk to a tv box?  How about a new receiver from directv
or something with a voice remote?  How about streaming / over the top tv with a
voice remote?

Thanks in advance.