If you use Lite APs, you need to just make sure you always have at least
one license key stored, and get new one ordered as soon as you use it.

It does cost a little bit more to use Lite APs and then upgrade them, but
in a lot of cases we never have to upgrade them... there's also the
advantage that if the AP dies after it's out of warranty, you can get
Cambium to transfer the license to a new Lite AP.