I just picked up a couple of I7 Lanner boxes loaded with Intel X710's and
plan on running CHR on them.  Not for edge, but that doesn't really
matter.  BGP performance on CHR is supposedly pretty solid.

40Gbps interfaces seems silly.

If you want to consider something other than Mikrotik, I would probably
take a look at the MX204 - although as Gino said, it doesn't have true
redundant RE's.