Indicator is on the receiver, 3 battery bars + Indicator blinking. Seems like ~4-5 hours is all they'll run on new batteries, Every week is 1.5 hours rehearsal midweek, then 3-4 hours on Sunday Morning (setup + rehearsal + service). When they first turn on, will always show full battery, then go to actual level after about 3-4 minutes. Sometimes the indicator blinks for 30 minutes, sometimes it will only blink for 10 minutes before turning off. When the battery is low, they'll also start to reboot.

Last week, we started Sunday rehearsal and all mic's showed full, during rehearsal 3 mics dropped to 2 bars. Just as service started, 2 mics went to 1 bar, and halfway through, 1 mic started flashing the battery indicator. Unfortunately we haven't been keeping track of when batteries are replaced, we've always just done it as they go dead, but trying to get batteries changed in the middle of something is just distracting for all parties involved.

Years ago in High school, I worked with a Pro sound guy, he replaced mic batteries before every performance regardless of use. 2 shows back to back, new batteries before the 2nd show. You just end up with a ton of 50% batteries.

On 10/4/2021 2:54 PM, Chuck McCown via AF wrote:
I would suggest mandate removing all the batteries from the mic case each week.
I would think you could get several weeks usage out of them.

Buy a battery tester.

I am not a fan of recharabable batts for stuff like this.
You would want a large gang charger that could do them all rather than trust someone to come in and rotate the batts mid week I would think.

Does the mic actually make an alarm noise? Or just a visual alert on the receiver.

-----Original Message----- From: Nate Burke
Sent: Monday, October 4, 2021 1:47 PM
To: Animal Farm
Subject: [AFMUG] OT: Alkaline Batteries

At Church we use a some wireless microphones, they all use 2 AA
batteries.  There is a battery indicator on the units, but Invariably,
they will start to alarm in the middle of using them. I'm pretty sure
the indicator is logarithmic, like my gas gauge, so it will spend %75 of
the time reporting full, and then quickly fail after that.  So I'm
thinking about just mandating that all batteries are replaced at the
beginning of each use.  We're not talking about a ton, ~20 batteries per
week.

How good are Rechargeable AA batteries, It's been years since I've last
used them, would they be worth looking into?  Does anybody take half
used alkaline batteries and do anything with them other than throwing
them out?