I think for $750-850 I could built a 2.5' wide, 3.5’ deep, 7.5’ height wood
framed, cedar shingled, peaked roof wood structure/cabinet, with four feet to
stand on concrete blocks... And put a 42U open frame rack inside it.

Rack like this:
http://www.startech.com/m/Server-Management/Racks/42U-Adjustable-Depth-4-Post-Server-Rack~4POSTRACK42