On 12/05/07, Mike Tintner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
(I  think this area is worth a lot of discussion - it's so important to
AGI).

As Minsky and yourself seem to agree this does seem to be a central
issue, since it cuts to the heart of how we are able to represent
things and then make meaningful comparisons between those
representations - a mental equivalent of Googling.  Some
representations will be at an abstract level, whereas others may be
closer to direct perception, as in "tears in rain" or "fading echoes".