It shouldnt matter how a general ontology is used, it should be available for
multiple different AI and AGI processes, to be generally useful.

And the key thing about this usage is it doesnt get any information from a
single text, but extracts patterns from the mass usage, reading a single
passage is much more difficult.

I have also used this in conjunction with Google news feed, where many many
articles can be gathered in a short period on a single topic, and reinforce the
information.

James Ratcliff

Vladimir Nesov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: On Dec 13, 2007 12:09 AM, James
Ratcliff  wrote:
>   Mainly as a primer ontology / knowledge representation data set for an AGI
> to work with.
>   Having a number of facts known without having to be typed in about many
> frames and connections between frames gives an AGI a good booster to start
> with.
>
>   Taken a simple set of common words in a house chair, table, sock, closet
> etc, a house agi bot could get a feel for objects it would expect to find in
> a house, and what locations to look for say a sock, and properties of a
> sock, without having to have that information typed in from a human user.
>   Then that information would be updated thru experience, and with a human
> trainer working with an embodied (probably virtual) agi.

Yes, it's how story usually goes. But if you don't specify how
ontology will be used, why do you believe that it will be more useful
than original texts? Probably at a point where you'll be able to make
use of ontology you'd also be able to analyze texts directly (that is,
if you aim that high, otherwise it's a different issue entirely).

--
Vladimir Nesov                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]