> Saying
> that a particular cat instance hunts because it feels good
> is not very explanatory

Even if I granted that, saying that a particular cat plays to increase its
hunting skills is incorrect. It's an important distinction because by analogy
we must talk about particular AGI instances. When we talk about, for instance,
whether an AGI will play, will it play because it's trying to optimize its
fitness, or because it is motivated in some other way?  We have to be that
precise if we're talking about design.

Terren