Hi assa77,

Your English is OK, by me. DOS uses (and the Windows DOS emulator still
uses today), the command "find", for this, but I'm not sure if it has
the performance you need, or not.

I'm no expert on this at all, so take this with caution, but I think
"find" just uses a relatively simple approach, opening the file in
binary mode, and racing through from start to finish.

Just to be clear on this, are you looking for a string value of "I want
this", only, or are you also wanting to seach for every case of "I" and
"want" and "this", or do you want every case of an "I", or a "w", or an
"a", or an "n", etc. ?

Have you checked out using a hash table for this?

Quite a challenge, here!

adak