Hi,
Recently I print out several papers about sorting algorithms. The
following 3 papers are worth of reading about recent advances in
sorting algorithm.

"Sorting In Linear Time?" by A. Andersson, T. Hagerup, S. Nilsson, and
R. Raman (Proceedings of the 27th Annual ACM Symposium on the Theory of
Computing, 1995

THE FASTEST SORTING ALGORITHM?
S Nilsson - DOCTOR DOBBS JOURNAL, 2000 - ddj.com
... DDJ > Dr. Dobb's Articles > Dr. Dobb's Journal, 2000 > 0004. The
Fastest Sorting
Algorithm? ... Sorting n integers in time proportional to n log log n.
Cited by 4 - Web Search - BL Direct

Deterministic sorting in O (n log log n) time and linear space - group
of 5 ยป
Y Han - Conference Proceedings of the Annual ACM Symposium on Theory
..., 2002 - portal.acm.org
Deterministic Sorting in ... This also improves previous best
deterministic sorting
algorithm[3, 11] which sorts in O(n log log n) time but uses O(m )
space. ...
Cited by 14 - Web Search - BL Direct

Last year I bought Knuth's 3rd volume "Sorting and Searching" publised
in 1998, second version, but I don't understand why it doesn't mention
the paper written by A. Andersson in 1995. If you look at the book, it
still claims O(N*logN) timing.

I haven't read these paper very carefull, just browse their titles.

Basically, the new algorithm combines two original algorithms mentioned
well in Knuth's book: radix sorting and merge sorting.

Any comments are welcome.

Weng