Repost .. the graph got screwed up .. hopefully this one's  better ..

Hi folks,

           Let me rephrase my graph optimization problem. The situation
is as follows ..
If I am given a graph, I am supposed to walk the graph and eliminate
the internal nodes and create paths from input to different outputs.

For e.g.

       2 ---- 3 --
     /               \                     --------
    /                 \                 /             \
  1                   6    ==>         1               6

should create 2 different paths from 1 to 6 with different costs
possibly by adding the weights of the edges comprising the path. I
should be able to start from any such internal node and write a routine
such as compressNode(someInternalNode) that would eliminate the node
and create new paths from its source to its sink. How should i design
the data structures for representing this graph?

-Amol