N -ROOM LIGHTS PROBLEM

========================

THERE IS A BIG SQURE ROOM OF SIDE N WHICH CONSISTS OF N X N SMALLER SQUARE ROOMS(ARRANGED LIKE  CHESS BOARD)

EACH  ROOM HAS A LIGHT.

WHEN the light of a  smaller room k  is toggled then all the neighboring room's lights get toggled (max 5 lights get toggled including the kth   room )

THE PROBLEM IS to formulate an algorithm which will generate an order in which the lights have to be toggled such that

all the n X n rooms get lit, initially no room is  lit.

(toggle means that if the light is on then it is toggled of & if it is off then it is switched on)

 (question asked by Microsoft at IIT)

me>CAN a divide and conquer strategy work?

Me>I think that dynamic programming techniq can be used to solve this problem?

if its possible I am attaching a sample program.