Dear wade u replied with the foll config:
UDD
  UDD
  DDD
and the light states are (*=on, .=off)
  .*.
  .*.
  *..

Is the last row correctly switched ?

And I think there is no need to involve switches we can say that the
light itself acts as a toggle switch  as it can be in an ON State or
OFF state, hence there is no need of explicitly  showing the switches.

Also can u elaborate in detail  on how to create  the system of  linear
equations

If possible answer in algorithmic form to resolve ambiguities.