Can we use DP?

Lets follow a bottom up approach to build the sequence. Since the sequence is contiguous we can either subtract the element at the left most index to get closer to N or added the element next to rightmost element of the current subsequence or do this simultaneously.

table[left + 1][right] = table[left][right]  - array[left]
table[left][right + 1] = table[left][right] + array[right]
table[left + 1][right + 1] = table[left][right] - array[left] + array[right]

Terminate the loops when the sum reaches N. Since we are not looking for a mimimum/maximum sequence I am not sure if DP is needed here.

Cheers,
Padmanabhan