Hi,
     can you please elaborate on your question?

If I understand you correct then you are given an array of Length 2n with elements a1,a2...an,b1,b2.. bn.

Now you are asked to modify the array to a1,b1,a2,b2.....an,bn.

If this is the problem then the solution is straight forward. For each element not in place try to find its destination. Make a backup of the destination and then put this element there and mark the current location as empty. Now Keep on doing this until the destination reaches an empty place. When destination reaches empty place restart the process.

This is of O(n) Since at the first time itself the element will be moved to its place. And for the element in its place we will not do any processing. So this is clearly of order n.

If this is not your question then please do state your question clearly.

regards
Arunachalam.