How about using 1 variable o(1) Space..

i.e Scan the array and compare the element... at a[1]=a1, a[2]=b1,
a[3]=a2,......

first check(a[i]), say b2 in array of size 8, so Its clear b2 must be
placed at 8/2+2 position in an array..
so Space=a[8/2+2]
    a[8/2+2]=b2, the actual place of b2

now a[6] is stored into space,  which is b3, since in every even
position B is stored initially we can use this property..

so now a[6] i.e. space which contains b3 should be stored in a[7]..

pls try further... ;-)

or try making a seires... given array of 10 such values..
intially, a1 is at positin
           b1 should go to 6 posi
          b3 goes t 8 posi
         b4 goes to 9 posi
         a5 goes to 5 posi..

so can we form a series 6-8-9-5-..... depending upon the size of

I think Enough for now ;(