At first glance, I would say do an incremental search for the nth
fibonacci number...i.e set n=0, then n=1, n=2, n=4, n=8, n=16
etc..once the nth fibonacci number you can do a similar search within
the interval n/2 to n...
Ofcourse using the golden ratios to get the nth fibonacci number
May be not a practical solution...should think over it

-karthik