the problem is below:
Exercises 14.1-8: ⋆
Consider n chords on a circle, each defined by its endpoints. Describe
an O(n lg n)-time algorithm for determining the number of pairs of
chords that intersect inside the circle. (For example, if the n chords
are all diameters that meet at the center, then the correct answer is
.) Assume that no two chords share an endpoint.

please help me solve it or give me some hint.

thanks.

rick