hey there i did play around with bit shifting sometime ago and was able to
do that.. but yeah i guess the one i posted is a bit different from what i
actually did before and is not applicable here. here is what we can do

int funcNoDiv(int divisor, int dividend)
{
if(divisor == dividend)
  {
     return 0;
  }

  else if( divisor > dividend)
  {
      return dividend;
  }

  else // divisor < dividend
  {
     while(divisor <= dividend)
    {
        divisor += divisor;
    }

  return dividend - divisor; //eg: pass 2, 19 ; you get 1 as return value
}

Add a condition for 0 divisor in the above logic.. Ill post the bit shifting
algo soon

~_