Hello All,
             I think implementing the chain of responsiblity is
suitable for creating event-handling system.
you can control your program flow, like either your event should be
dispatched to other handlers or should be processed once. just tweek
this pattern as per ur need. for having multiple threads you need to
first think of the threading model you are going to use them and then
modifty chain of responsiblity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chain-of-responsibility_pattern
for more information about chain of responsiblity.

hope this would help.

Regards,