On Feb 6, 2008 4:54 AM, Rajiv Mathews <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> @Rupesh: Would you please elaborate or provide a reference to this
> "colorwave algorithm" you refer to. (On a lazy search) I couldn't find
> anything useful.

well, I was just trying to give brief hints on the problem type Robin
came across. I had looked into such problem once when trying to solve
problem on wireless sensor network. So whatever we name as,
independent set, dominating set, edge cover problem, vertex cover
problem or coloring problem, I think they contribute to solve same
kind of problem in some way. For instance, we can consider number of
colors as number of  channel/frequency available. now if you want to
operate vertices( sensor nodes) at the same time slot without
interfering each other, then we would like to find the set of vertices
that are not adjacent of each other assuming adjacent node interferes
each other and this is where colorwave algorithm find the set of
veritces that it color with the same color. This set of nodes with
same color is a independent set and goal is to find Max. Independent
set, where the algorithm uses a heuristic approach.  This is the way
how colorwave algorithm tries to approach the problem which is also
capable to adjust while collision occurs.
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/login.jsp?url=/iel5/8546/27030/01200643.pdf

Hope this is little bit help for Robin and Of course I will more
careful from next time as it was my first posting.