Wow...Got it.

My refined understanding,

1) An empty tree is haveing zero nodes. Fine.
Case (a)
======
I have only 1 node in a binary tree. That means it is a binary tree
with 2 empty subtrees.

Case (b)
======
I have only 2 nodes in a binary tree.
That means it is a binary tree with 1 left subtree and 0 right
subtree.

Fine. Got a question here. Why one always makes the left node first
and then the right node?

2) In literature they talk about Nodes. Nodes can have anything stored
on them. Thanks Dave for explaining with a nice example.