On 20 Lis, 21:46, Monty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Frndz,
>
>     If there are n points on the circumference of circle(order not
> known) ,how can we find out the closest pair in complexity O(nlgn)...
>
> pls help with the answer... thnx.

Well, there is a "standard" algorithm to solve that problem. I never
wrote it, but I know how does it work. The main idea is to divide
points into two groups, find solution for each group, and merge this
two solutions into one. I know a good description in polish. To find a
english one I'll use a google:
http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~cs251/ClosestPair/ClosestPairDQ.html <- Here
is the thing which I was talking about.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closest_pair_of_points <- Here is