I think it is secret, because the general idea is simple, but implementation
is issue, because speed can be limiting factor.

Maybe they use som specific aspects of language, for exmple statment
delimiters like,semicolon in C++,java, or newlines in VB to simplify
parsing, and error recovery.

I think you should have studiet parsers for the beginning.