Abacus is the annual international Technical Symposium of the
Department of Computer Science, College of Engineering, Guindy- Anna
University. We conduct events which test the skill and knowledge of
participants in several fields related to computer science.

Abacus'09 is scheduled on March 20-21, 2009. Do visit our website at
www.abacus.org.in to keep track of the latest updates. There are
numerous coding contests, paper submissions, project presentations,
technical quiz and game development contests. All events are loaded
with huge amounts of fun, excitement and of course, prize money.

This year we have IBM conducting the 'IBM BlueBattle', the winner of
which takes home a laptop. We'll be conducting Techno Tsar - the
ultimate challenge, to win which you'll need a lot more than technical
know hows.

Some other events at Abacus'09 include

TECHTALK: Take the stage in front of your peers from all over the
country. Present your papers and expertise to an elite panel of
judges.

CODE ARENA: Obsessed with codes? Then get ready for a head-on
challenge with brains of the world.Mind blowing prizes await the top
teams in this online programming contest.

SOFTWARE CATWALK: Are you the next Indian Innovator? Here is a chance
to be recognised and rewarded. Showcase your projects and walk away
with exciting prizes.

BREAK POINT: Test your limits of frustration. Exterminate the bugs and
take troubleshooting to next level.

OPEN BEADS: Face challenges which will test your creativity, quick
thinking and working with various opensource tools.

IMPROMPTU SOFTWARE: Tone your programming skills for a gruelling
onsite programming contest with some of the country's best
programmers. code your way to frame!!!

QUIZ: Rack your brains and crack up your nerves. Fight out a battle of
epic proportions with quizzers from all over the country. Its a time
for a buzzing quiz.

TECH HUNT: Curiosity kills the cat??? Not here. Be rewarded for being
curious. Crack the clues on this quest for ultimate treasure

INFORMALS: Rules are there to be broken... Take a break from tech
stuff and let your wild side get the better of you.

GAMING: Enter the virtual arena and battle with fellow gamers. Be the
last man standing and reap rewards for all those hours spent before
your console.

A few new events we have introduced this year:

EL COMBATE: Match your software bots against those of your
adversaries. Bring out both the best coding and the best gaming skills
in you to develop the machine that will defeat your opponents in the
field.

U A SPORT?? : Develop any game of with your own theme, difficulty
levels and code complexity. To win, your game will have to stand up to
the most difficult test - attract the delegates participating in
Abacus'09 because you are going to be graded by them!!!!!!

Registrations started. Keep checking www.abacus.org.in for updates or
subscribe to our RSS feed to keep track of new events. Feel free to
reach us at helpd...@abacus.org.in for any queries you may have.

Thanks,
Abacus'09 Marketing Team