can you explain what you meant when you said "the program fails after
allocationg about 800mg(appx. i dont remember).
This is the excerpt from calloc man page, Calloc will either fail or succeed
but there is no way you can tell so much was alloted and then it failed.
*Return Value***For calloc() and malloc(), the value returned is a pointer
to the allocated memory, which is suitably aligned for any kind of variable,
or NULL if the request fails.