If all the men gusses the same number then the solution could be wrong.

for example the the value of N is 5 and numbers given are 1,2,1,1,1 and
everybody guesses 4 then the solution is wrong.

A different solution is like - All men will stand in a row and and everybody
can think of his hat number as his position in row.

In this way atleast one person will be there who is correct.

Manoj Janoti