I can do it in 2 O(n)sweeps if all elements are distinct.
12345
23451

Sweep one to find the 1st element of string 1 in string 2.
Sweep 2 to compare each element of the 2 strings from the position mod n
found in the 1st sweep.

I dont know how to do it if elements are repeated.

but the way Praveen does it is really cool i think.