array elements: 1 2 9 8 7 5 2 3 1 1 4 2 6 2 3
sort: 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
compare the element with the next , if its same then increment the count.
repeat until v find all the occurrences of  tat element & then insert tat
element into arr[count] (if arr[count] is null else traverse the list to
insert @ the right postion)

create another array say arr

arr[0] some sentinal/ garbage
arr[1] pointer_list1 -> 4 -> 5 -> 6 -> 7 -> 8 -> 9
arr[2] pointer_list2 -> 3
arr[3] pointer_list3 -> 1
arr[4] pointer_list4 -> 2
.