i think time complexity of the O(nlgn) for an avg case will suffice

no it will not be inefficient if we keep sufficient information at each node
each node will keep information of all its childs(headCount) and using some
optimizations such as if two flips on same range occur simultaneously, then
after all there will be no effect at all so there was no need of doing
anything.