@pacific in your case a[0][0] might be wrong. So lets do this :

a[0][0] = a[0][0 to n-1] & a[1 to n-1][0]  // & of all elements in
first row and first column

for( int i=1; i<n; i++)
{
     for( int j=1;j<n;j++)
     {
         a[0][i] &= a[j][i];          // a[0][i] contains & of all
elements of ith column
         a[i][0] &= a[i][j];         //  a[i][0] contains & of all
elements of ith row

for( int i=1; i<n; i++)
{
     for( int j=1;j<n;j++)