@Amit Jaspal...there is a fundamental error in the code related to
pointers....u have incremented the pointers p and x..so before the printf
loop, pointer p (as well as x) is pointing to 4th location...I hope I am
clear...

this can be done by creating two more pointers that will initialised as the
base location of p and x...

#include <stdio.h>
int main(){

       int *p,*a,i=0;
       void *x,*b;
       p=(int *)malloc(3*sizeof(int));
      * a =p;*
       x=malloc(24);
*       b = x;*
       p[0]=1;
       p[1]=2;
       p[2]=3;
       p[3]=4;
       while(i<4){
               *((int *)x)=*p;
               ((int *)x)++;
               p++;
               i++;
       }

       for(i=0;i<4;i++){
               *printf("%d\n",a[i]);
               printf("%d\n",((int *)b)[i]);*
       }

    system("pause");
        return 0;
}

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 11:38 PM, amit <amitjaspal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Suppose I want to copy an integer array to another array pointed by a
> void pointer of different size.
> Some thing like this is done probably in realloc function.
>
> The problem is it is not working for me ... here's the code
>
> #include <stdio.h>
> int main(){
>
>        int *p,i=0;
>        void *x;
>        p=(int *)malloc(3*sizeof(int));
>        x=malloc(24);
>        p[0]=1;
>        p[1]=2;
>        p[2]=3;
>        p[3]=4;
>        while(i<4){
>                *((int *)x)=*p;
>                ((int *)x)++;
>                p++;
>                i++;
>        }
>
>        for(i=0;i<4;i++){
>                printf("%d\n",p[i]);
>                printf("%d\n",((int *)x)[i]);
>        }
>        return 0;
> }
>

> Can anyone suggest what is happening wrong in this code.....or what
> can be a better way to do this.

*Piyush Sinha*
*IIIT, Allahabad*
*+91-8792136657*