@anika
first divide ur 32 bits in four octets
then convert them in integers and save in 4 int variables

now to find us system is little or big endian:-
so u can do this as:-

#include<stdio.h>

union endian
{
 int a; //assuming int to be 2 bytes
 char [2];
};

main()
{
 union a ={1};

 if(a.char[0]==1)
  printf("Little endian\n");

 else
 printf("big endian\n");
}

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 3:53 AM, Piyush Sinha <ecstasy.piy...@gmail.com>wrote:

> @Anika..can u give one example??
>
> On 7/21/11, Anika Jain <anika.jai...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > write a c code that takes a 32 bit ip address n prints it in dotted
> notation
> > as a.b.c.d.
> > The code shall work for big endian as well as for little endian..
> >

> > In this how can i make it common for big endian and little endian?? if in
> > little endian my lower order 8 bits shall be d but for big endian they
> shall
> > be a..

> *Piyush Sinha*
> *IIIT, Allahabad*