What my recursive solution does is that,
For all elements that can be used at position *k*, fix that element at
position *k* and then permute the rest of the elements.
So if are two same elements which can be used at position *k* we must
choose only one of it to avoid repeated permutations.

Array mk[256] keeps a track of the elements that have already been
tried.

>> Does there exist any better solution also, or this backtracking solution is
>> the best?
You should have a look at this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permutation#Algorithms_to_generate_permutations