The frequency is also stored in the heap right? So to do heapify based on
frequency, first you have to spot the element on the heap. That itself will
take O(n). [ Heapfying after that takes only O(log n) ] If you use a hashmap
and store frequencies, and each time mostFrequent is called, do a linear
search on the map, it will have the same complexity. Can anyone come up with
a better solution?

Karthik R,
R&D Engineer,
Tejas Networks.