@Rahul
Scan the matrix and whenver u see  a[i][j]=0 put a[i]]0]=0 and a[0][j]=0

Meaning to say that put that row or column as 0

Now,
Scan the first row and first column and whereever u see a 0 make that column
and row 0 respectively

Eg

1 1 1 1
0 1 0 1
1 1 1 0

Answer shud be

0  1 0 0
0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0

Scan Array First After Scanning it become

0 1 0 0
0 1 0 1
0 1 1 1
Now Scan first row and for a[0][j]  make a[i][j] 0
so

0 1 0 0
0 1 0 0
0  1 0 0
Now scan column ..Remember to start from a[1][0] and a[0][1]

0 1 0 0
0  0 0 0
0 0 0 0

Hope it helps