I have got an idea
I will construct (k-1) hash tables for the 2 to k array elements.

Now starting at the 1st element in 1st array i will search for it in all the
(k-1) hash tables in O((k-1)*1) time.

So for n elements it would take O( n*(k-1)) time..

Is my approach correct,please correct me if i am wrong...
and two questions which are bothering me are

1)Does the space complexity in hash table to store all the 'n' elements is
O(n) ?? i want the correct value.
2)what is the time complexity to search in hash table if 'n' numbers are
stored .Is it still O(1) ??? i dont know how it is O(1) exactly
it is a guess.

On 24 October 2011 23:32, Dheeraj Sharma <dheerajsharma1...@gmail.com>wrote:

> use hashing..
> let the no. of array be 1 to K
> increment the count of element for that array..(in hash table) only if its
> count value in hash table is one less then the array no.(which means
> that..it is present in all the arrays..preceding it)
> now search the hash table..in which element count is equal to K
>

> On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 11:47 AM, kumar raja <rajkumar.cs...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Find intersection of K unsorted array of N elements each. Intersection
>> consists of elements that appear in all the K arrays.
>>
>> what data structure is useful here??
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Kumar Raja