@atul
if its sum of numbers lesser than a[i] in left to i, then still i think it
can be solved in O(nlgn) using Balanced Tree structures
ie: if we use AVL tree, then we just need a  little care of how to update
sum stored with rotations
and required ans for ith index must be calculated just after the ith
insertion

and if its sum of  numbers lesser than i, then first sort(val, index pair)
the array and find the prefix sum array would do, with some care for
duplicates