Krishan veer wrote:
> I turned volumes on on the different channels including IEC958 and
> Input Monitor IEC958 Playback AC97-SPSA.

The "SPSA" control is not a volume control, it selects which AC'97
slot to use for SPDIF output.

0 selects the front channels of the first PCM device (hw:0,0), but you
must use a sample rate supported by the codec (44100 or 48000).  On a
six-channel codec, 1 is surround, 2 is center/LFE, 3 is the separate
SPDIF device (hw:0,4).

Using "-D spdif" instead of "-D hw:0,4" should automatically set the
SPSA control.

HTH
Clemens