Gerhard den Hollander wrote:

> * Simon Mayr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 03:28:07PM +0100)
>> how do you non-interactivly amflush ?
>
> echo "all" | amflush -f whatever-your-config-is
>
> (I think , I haven't tried it )

Arrrrrgh !!!

something like

echo -en "A\nY\n" | /path/to/amflush -f config

is working. ( Arrrgh again! ;)

What about the amanda database if i set up a "flush to nirvana" config
with /dev/null. Would it do any better or other than erase the images,
the index files and the log files.
I think I read somewhere that the behavior of amanda has changed about
the meaning of /dev/null. Amanda didn't let me use the /dev/null device,
ioctl error or something, cannot rewind, wrong tape etc., so I came up
with the simply-delete-the-stuff solution ...

>> at my site, we do something like that, but instead of flushing (as it
>> should be) we leave the incrementals on disk and delete them together
>> with their index files, if the holding disk space is running low
>

> Brrrr .... ;)
works fine for four month now (in testing phase even without tape)!

> (well actually, you have to type Y as well I think.,
> Maybe you need to do something with expect ;)

what's "expect" ?

>       Gerhard,  <@jasongeo.com>   == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==

Simon