Hi all,

We've got two relay servers setup (relay1 and relay2) and its working fine, but the mail coming in is amazing. I'm glad we went with the two relay server solution instead of everything on one box.

Each of these relay servers is a 3 GIG processor with 1 GB ram.

However.....

relay1: load averages:  1.02,  0.84,  0.83
relay2: load averages:  0.50,  0.60,  0.62

They are both usually closer to .80, at this snapshot relay1 was taking a bit of a hit while relay2 was not.

Anyway, email from off our network is taking anywhere between 30 seconds and 10 minutes to be delivered. I've got 5 amavis processes running by default (set in master.conf and amavisd.conf).

Do I need to increase the amount of processes, or add 2 more relay servers into the pool? (If need be we can make it four relay servers instead of two).

Any ideas?  Thanks!

-Matt