Hi all,

The queues for our three relay servers have been very odd lately.

Relay 1 ---> 1000 messages (way too high, mail is delayed)
Relay 2 ---> Normal (1-10)
Relay 3 ---> Normal (1-10)

It seems relay1 is more busier because it is the first MX record listed. Even though they are set as even priority:

IN MX 10 relay1
IN MX 10 relay2
IN MX 10 relay3

Its still the first one to appear.... is this why its more busier? Spammers maybe use it directly without following the round robin?

Anyway, the queues have been so large on relay1, I need to do something about it. Nothing seems hung up on the server, it just seems like its processing as normal. Should I put more RAM in it and open up more processes? Should I get a better box just for relay 1?

Thanks for any advice..... I know flushing the queues helps, but it gets backed up again.

Regards,

Matt