Nicklas,

Gary's answers are to the points, thanks Gary!

> Is it possible to have everything in the blacklist file? I'd like to add
> more entries to the blacklist without touching the amavis config file.

No, currently the read_hash() subroutine can only read one-level hashes.
You can write your own more complex reading code, it can even
reside entirely in amavisd.conf, which is after all an executable Perl
program.

From Gary:
>> If you have a lot of dynamic data, you really should go to
>> SQL. Any change to any static table will require you
>> stop/start (or reload) amavisd-new in order to see the
>> changes. Static tables are read into memory.

Exactly. One can use SQLite, which is a fully functional
and fast SQL database in a single file, no client/server hassles.
You can write a small Perl program or shell code to read
your text file and feed it to a database. It will be fast, flexible
and avoids a need to restart amavisd on changes.