Hi

I know this would fit to a postfix list too, but since I guess a lot of you guys are running this setup I hope to find a solution here too...
I'm running a dual postfix-2.2.5-5 setup with amavisd-new-2.3.3-5

It all works fine except for something that occasionally catches my eye and is a bit disturbing. It seems the alias lookups are only done by the SECOND postfix and not by the first one, so sometimes mails get accepted even tough they do not exist. For example: I've got a domain to domain alias (i actually only seen it here) from [EMAIL PROTECTED] -> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
So postfix accepts all mails to @domain1
Only the SECOND postfix then resolves that alias and sees there is no such address defined at domain2 and sends a bounce.......?

I haven't found anything specific to that one and am pretty much stuck...
my entry in master.cf looks like this:
localhost:10025 inet    n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
   -o smtpd_authorized_xforward_hosts=127.0.0.0/8
   -o content_filter=
   -o local_recipient_maps=
   -o relay_recipient_maps=
   -o smtpd_restriction_classes=
   -o smtpd_client_restrictions=
   -o smtpd_helo_restrictions=
   -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=
   -o mynetworks=127.0.0.0/8
-o receive_override_options=no_unknown_recipient_checks,no_header_body_checks

And this entry in main.cf probably is the one that's executed 'too late':
virtual_alias_maps =
   hash:/etc/postfix/virtual,
   hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman,
   proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/mysql_virtual_alias_maps.cf
(the alias in question is defined in the third entry, the mysql DB)

amavisd-new is called with that:
smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       2       smtpd
   -o receive_override_options=no_address_mappings
   -o smtp_send_xforward_command=yes
   -o smtpd_client_connection_count_limit=4
   -o content_filter=lmtp:[127.0.0.1]:10024

I guess the problem could be that 'content_filter' is called before some further checks...?

Anyone got a solution for that?

Thanks!!

Matt