While on the bitdefender topic, I've had to disable this scanner on several server due system load. I use gentoo on most servers, standard setup...

   postfix+amavisd-new+clamav+spamassassin

I tipically use 2-3 scanners on each server but the CPU load with bitdefender appears very high - usually around 40-60 cpu usage per instance. The main reason I'm asking is I just had to disable this scanner on a dual Xeon 3.0 with 2G of memory because I was getting out-of-memory kernel panic. This server does process 50k messages per day with around 15k email accounts. I even dropped the amavis to 3 clients (as well as master.cf) which did not help.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any tips on limiting its cpu usage?

Vernon